You need a commercial microwave ovenif your operation is a heavy user of microwave cooking. A commercial microwave oven is a good choice for coffee shops, concessions, ethnic restaurants, dessert stations, fast-food restaurants, convenience stores, offices, breakrooms, heavy home use, elderly users, and more.
It’s interesting that children may choose to buy a commercial microwave oven for their elderly parents because its simple to operate, easy to clean, with low maintenance.
What are some of the common characteristics of commercial microwaves?
Many microwaves generate microwave oven from the side of the microwave and depend on a turntable to rotate the food for even energy distribution and cooking. The problem is that turntables are a point of failure when used in a commercial environment and because most are glass, the turntables are breakable. Most commercial microwaves use a different method to distribute microwave energy, like a spinning antenna below the oven compartment, and don’t need a turntable. Using a bottom-feed antenna also places the feed closer to the food for more efficient energy usage, faster cooking times, and more consistent results.
Interested in learning about other popular compact microwaves? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Industrial Microwave: Best Heavy-Duty, Medium-Volume Microwave Oven
- Mini Microwave Oven: Top Rated Compact Microwave Oven
- Space Saver Microwave: Best New Powerful Compact Microwave Design
- Small Microwave Oven: Top 7 Most Popular Compact Microwave Ovens
- Corner Microwave Oven: Best Compact Corner Microwave
- Small Microwaves: Top 5 Best Rated Compact Countertop Microwaves
- Small Microwave Ovens: Top Compact Microwave Oven
- Smallest Microwave: Best Compact Countertop Mini Microwave Oven
Your microwave at home probably has plenty of features some of which may be complicated to use or remember, but because you and your family are the only ones that use it, that’s not a problem. In a commercial environment a microwave’s emphasis needs to be ease-of-use, simple operation, durable design, easy cleanup, and reliable cooking. So most commercial microwave ovens feature simple controls that are immediately intuitive, doors that can take a beating, stainless steel interiors, and no breakable turntables.
A commercial microwave oven is typically used to cook smaller portions or single foods rather than the larger portions like you might cook at home. So you can expect a commercial microwave oven to be a relatively small microwave that fits neatly on a countertop, but is still large enough to cook a variety of foods.
We searched microwave forums, customer reviews sites, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated commercial microwaves.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these durable microwaves is the best microwave for your needs!
Commercial Microwave Oven: Top 4 Best Rated Commercial Microwave Ovens
Amana is the oldest and arguably the most trusted brand in microwave ovens. The brand has changed hands many times over the years, but the commitment to quality has remained. Their commercial microwaves are heavy duty workhorses designed to deliver power and simplicity wherever microwave dependability is needed. Their Amana RMS10DS 0.8-Cubic Feet 1000-Watt Light Duty Microwave Oven in Stainless Steel features 1000-watts of cooking power in a 0.8 cu. ft. package that will fit nicely on most countertops. This compact, countertop microwave oven has an innovative motor-driven bottom antenna distributes microwave energy efficiently insuring food is cooked evenly without the need for a problem-prone glass turntable. Its durable stainless steel interior and exterior cabinet are easy to clean. You will love its Grab ‘n Go handle that has no moving parts and does away with needing a separate mechanical button to open the microwave. If you’re looking for a quality microwave for your restaurant, breakroom, or office, this Amana model is a popular choice.
Commercial Microwave Oven: Features
- 1000W, 0.8 cu. ft. commercial microwave oven
- Motor driven bottom antenna delivers efficient energy distribution that produces reliable heating results and faster cooking
- Commercial grade stainless steel interior and exterior cabinet are designed to endure commercial environments while being easy to clean
- Commercial-grade stainless steel interior and exterior cabinet is durable and easy to clean
- 0.8 cu. ft. interior capacity accommodates a 12-inch platter so you can heat large or small portions of food
- Grab ‘n Go handle has no moving parts, will stand up to countless openings and closings, and can be operated with only one hand
- 20-watt interior oven light makes it easy to monitor food through the see-through door while it cooks
- Easy-to-use dial controls features a 15-seconds to 6-minutes light-up dial timer and single 100% microwave power only
- Bright LED indicators give you at-a-glance monitoring
- Dimensions are 22H x 16.5L x 20 inches and it weighs 32 lbs.
- Durable design for commercial environments
- Safe, easy to use, easy to clean
- Heats food evenly without turntable
- Powerful cooking capability
- No defrost function
- Fan comes on when door opens and stays on when cooking is done
Although Panasonic may be more known for its popular home inverter microwaves, their commercial microwave oven models are also very popular. Their Panasonic NE-1054F Stainless 1000W 0.8 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven Commercial Grade is ideal for full-service and fast-food restaurants, convenience stores, offices, breakrooms, other business settings, or even for heavy home usage. It features 1000-watts of power in a compact 0.8 cu. ft. size that can accommodate dinner plates, large casserole dishes, glass bowls, coffee mugs, and much more for heating and cooking. This model also has a bottom feed microwave energy system that is closer to the food resulting in faster cooking and ultra-efficient operation. Cooking features include a program list/cycle counter, six power levels, 10 preset time settings, and two and three stage cooking capability. Convenience features include an anti-theft component, Grab & Go door handle, tone control, self-diagnostics, and Chef Technical Support.
- 1000W, 0.8 cu. ft. commercial microwave oven with sleek-looking silver wrap and stainless steel front panel and door
- Bottom feed microwave energy system is closer to food resulting in faster cooking time and the most efficient operation
- Fits one half-size 6-inch tall steam table pan with cover
- Unique door handle design has no moving parts like push button or trigger designs and allows you to simply Grab & Go for faster performance and long-lasting durability in high-usage environments
- Touch-control keypad features Braille markings for enhanced accessibility and ease of use and 10 programmable memory pads with 20-memory capability
- Cooking times up to 99:99 are possible using 10 preset time settings ranging from 10 seconds to 3.5 minutes
- Its program list/cycle counter, six power levels, and two and three stage cooking capability give you more control over cooking results
- Interior oven light and see-through door allow for checking on food at a glance
- Other features include an anti-theft component, tone control, self-diagnostics, and Chef technical support
- Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval
- NSF Qualified
- Long 5.5-inch power cord gives you more flexibility in placement
- Measures 20-1/8W x 16-1/2D x 12H inches and weighs 34 lbs.
- 1-Year parts and labor warranty (18,000 cycles) and 3-Year magnetron warranty (54,000 cycles)
- Durable construction and materials
- Easy to use and clean
- Powerful and compact
- Heats evenly without turntable
- Door is plastic instead of glass
Known for their durability, performance, and features, a commercial microwave oven like the Sharp R-21LVF Medium-Duty Microwave Oven Commercial Grade puts power and functionality right on your countertop right where you need it. Featuring 20 programmable memory pads to simplify operation, stainless steel interior and exterior door for easy, fast cleanup, super rugged handles designed to withstand a lifetime of rough handling, and Express Defrost for more efficient defrosting with better results it delivers 1000-watts of power in a larger than most 1.0 cu. ft. capacity. Perfect for smaller kitchens that do not require volume cooking, it’s ideal for defrosting, heating up or cooking small food items, and brings a new dimension of dependability to break rooms, hospitals, convenience stores, gas stations, and countless other settings.
- 1000W, 1.0 cu. ft. medium-duty commercial microwave oven
- 10 programmable double-quantity memory pads with one-second increment timing and safeguards to prevent unauthorized changes simplify operation and insure consistent results
- Express Defrost automatically divides total defrosting time into three stags with three power levels
- Memory check lets the user confirm the time setting and power level for each memory pad
- Capable of holding ½ pan in either direction
- Simple single-stage cooking with 100% power only
- Durable and easy-to-clean stainless steel interior and exterior door
- Super-rugged grab handle is designed for a lifetime of rough use
- Highly-polished ceramic bottom shelf with rubber seal
- Long 5-foot power cord gives you more placement options
- Dimensions are 20-1/2W x 12-1/8H x 16D inches and weighs 37 lbs.
- Dependable with excellent features
- Uniform heating without turntable
- Easy to use
- Braille on control panel
- None noted
The Panasonic NE-1025F 1000W Light Duty Microwave Oven in Silver is a very popular and highly rated light duty commercial microwave featuring 1000-watts of power in a 0.8 cu. ft. size. It uses an innovative bottom microwave energy feed that reduces energy loss for better efficiency, faster cooking, and better cooking results. Convenience features include an auto-set 6-minutes dial timer, interior oven light, and a simple single power level. Its durable stainless steel door with Grab and Go handle means longer life without the failures of lower quality microwaves.
- 1000W, 0.8 cu. ft. light duty commercial microwave oven
- Bottom feed microwave energy for more efficient operation, faster cooking, and better cooking results
- Simple single power level
- Stainless steel door, painted steel cabinet, and interior
- Auto-reset 6-minute dial timer
- Grab and Go door handle
- Fits half-size 6-inch tall pan with cover
- Interior oven light and see-through oven door lets you monitor food during cooking
- Anti-theft equipped
- Chef Technical Support included
- Dimensions are 12W x 20-1/8D x 16-9/16H inches and it weighs 34 lbs.
- 1-Year Parts & Labor and Magnetron Warranty
- Easy to use and clean
- Simple, durable design
- Compact size takes up little space on countertop
- Powerful enough for most applications
- No digital timer clock
- No defrost function
Commercial Microwave Oven
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these popular commercial microwaves? Which commercial-grade microwave are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
Commercial microwave ovens take a beating that no home microwave can survive! We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best commercial microwave oven for your needs!