You’ve heard about the benefits of a convection microwave countertop oven. You can brown your food with the built-in convection heating elements. This gives you better looking and tasting food, saves the space of having both a microwave and a convection oven, gives you additional oven space when you need it, shortens cooking times, and saves you money by eliminating the need to heat up your large oven for smaller dishes.
It all sounds good, but it comes at a price. As you might expect, convection microwave countertop ovens are more expensive than either a convection oven or a microwave alone. If you’re looking for a microwave that browns and cooks food faster, there is really no other way to go. You will have to balance its additional features against the extra cost.
Since they are expensive, you want to make sure you pick the right model. General Electric (GE) is one of the most trusted brands in home appliances and they make several great lines of microwaves including convection microwaves. Monogram is their more luxurious line, Profile is considered to be more stylish, and the Café Series is restaurant-inspired. With all the lines, series, and models, which one should you buy?
We’ve done the research for you and found what we consider to be GE’s best convection microwave countertop oven. Take a look and see if this is the perfect convection microwave for you!
GE CEB1590SSSS Cafe 1.5 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Convection Microwave Countertop Oven
The GE CEB1590SSSS Convection Microwave Oven has a large 1.5 cu. ft. capacity, 1000 watts of power, and built-in convection cooking capability for perfectly baked or browned food faster than a traditional oven. Complete with sensor cooking that automatically adjusts time and power; you will appreciate all the features that are designed into this restaurant-inspired convection microwave countertop oven to make your life easier.
- You can’t go wrong with stainless steel and the GE CEB1590SSS uses it beautifully to enhance this oven’s look and maintenance.
- Easy-to-clean with classic lines, the GE CEB1590SSSS will complement your kitchen whether it’s on your countertop or built in to your kitchen.
- The combination of 1000 watts of power and convection cooking makes cooking faster and delivers better looking and tasting food.
- Use the convection cooking setting when baking or browning is required. This model makes baking bread to a golden brown easier.
- Microwave sensor cooking senses the steam produced by cooking food and automatically adjusts time and power to properly cook your food. No more guesswork. Controls include Beverage (Instant-On), Cook, Popcorn (Instant-On), and Reheat.
- You will appreciate the combination cooking controls that allow you to take advantage of both microwave and convection cooking to improve the flavor and display of your favorite foods.
- Other Control Features included a Child Safety Lock, Add 30 seconds (Instant-On), an adjustable volume cooking complete reminder, Auto & Time Defrost, Clock, Time Cook I & II, and Timer On/Off.
- Adjust time, temperature settings, and recipes faster and easier with GE’s Easy-set control dial.
- Its 10 power levels give you the control you need to cook your meals with full confidence.
- The included full-width, removable oven rack allows you to cook on two-level’s simultaneously allowing you to cook more of your family’s favorite recipes at once.
- A large 12.75 inch glass turntable allows you to cook larger foods more evenly.
Capacity and Dimensions
- The GE CEB1590SSSS is has the capacity at 1.5 cu. ft. to handle just about any size food you want to cook.
- This model has dimensions of 22-5/8W x 14-3/4H x 20D inches and weighs in at approximately 52 lbs. It has a cavity size of 15-1/4W x 10-7/8H x 15-1/4D inches.
- The GE CEB1590SSSS convection microwave countertop oven has a recessed turntable that maximizes oven space and provides a flush design.
- ADA Compliant
- GE provides a limited 1-year entire appliance parts and labor warranty and a limited 5-year magnetron tube warranty.
Optional Built-In Trim Kit
- Customize your oven’s appearance by giving it the sleek look of a custom-installed oven and the convenience of a built-in convection microwave with the optional matching trim kit.
- Good looking unit
- Easy to use
- Fast cooking
- Love convection feature
- Expensive trim kit
- Lack of keypad may take getting used to
- Large for countertop use
[easyazon_cta add_to_cart=”default” align=”none” asin=”B00735B55E” cloaking=”default” height=”28″ key=”small-orange” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”microwavemoc-20″ width=”120″]
Convection Microwave Countertop Comparison Chart
We recommend these related articles:
- Microwave Cart: 5 Most Popular Microwave Oven Carts
- Microwave Stand: Top 5 Microwave Oven Kitchen Stands 2013
- Convection Microwave: Top 4 Convection Microwave Ovens
- GE Profile Microwave: Best GE Profile Countertop Microwave Oven 2013
Looking for great convection microwave recipes? We recommend these convection microwave cookbooks!
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of the GE CEB1590SSSS Convection Microwave? Which convection microwave oven are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading! I sincerely hope this article has given you valuable information that you can use to compare the GE CEB1590SSSS Convection Microwave Countertop Oven to other convection microwaves you may be considering!