First of all, what is a convection microwave oven? In a nutshell it is a microwave oven that also has the capability to brown or grill foods using heating elements and a fan to circulate hot air. Why do people buy a convection microwave? The most common reasons are:
- Better looking and tasting food
- Save space by combining oven and microwave
- Adding additional oven space
- Faster cooking times
- Eliminating need to heat up large oven
Interested in other microwave options? Be sure and see our articles about some of the best:
- Cuisinart Microwave Oven: Top Rated Microwave Convection Oven
- Microwave Convection Oven Combo: Best Model
- Best Convection Oven: Most Popular Best Rated Convection Oven
- RV Microwave Convection Oven: Best Sharp OTR RV Microwave
- Above Stove Microwave: Top Rated Budget Over-the-Range Microwave Oven
- Mini Microwave Oven: Top Rated Compact Microwave Oven
- Space Saver Microwave: Best New Powerful Compact Microwave Design
- Small Microwave Oven: Top 7 Most Popular Compact Microwave Ovens
- Spacesaver Microwave: Over-the-Range OTR Microwave Oven Buying Tips
- What is a Microwave Convection Oven? Is it for you?
- Corner Microwave Oven: Best Compact Corner Microwave
- Compact Microwave Ovens: Best Small Inverter Microwave Oven
- Small Microwaves: Top 5 Best Rated Compact Countertop Microwaves
- Red Microwave Ovens: 3 Stylish Red Countertop Microwaves
- Panasonic Microwave: Best Full-Size Countertop Microwave Oven
- Samsung Microwave: Best Value Over-The-Range Samsung Microwave Oven
- Microwave Cart: 5 Most Popular Microwave Oven Carts
Many companies make countertop convection microwave ovens, but only a few are at the top of their game when it comes to this technology.
We searched microwave forums, manufacturer sites, retail sites, social media, consumer sites, and customer reviews sites to find the most popular and highly rated convection microwave ovens.
Take a look at our list and see if one of these popular models is the best convection microwave for your needs!
Convection Microwave: Top 4 Countertop Convection Microwave Ovens
Get the best of both worlds with the Sharp SMC1585BW 1.5 cu. ft. Microwave Oven with Convection Cooking in White including a 900-Watt microwave for rapid cooking and convection technology for perfect roasting, baking, and browning. It features Sharp’s innovative Carousel oven-to-table, direct-cooking safe, ceramic turntable system, precise Sensor Cooking and Sensor Reheat Technology. Convenient One-Touch buttons include Reheat, Popcorn, +60 Sec, Auto Broil, Auto Roast, Auto Bake, Auto Defrost, Preheat, Convect, Broil, Low & High Mix make cooking simpler and faster. Defrost features include defrost by weight and defrost by time. This Sharp microwave has multi-stage cooking capability gives you faster cooking with that browned look and taste you love.
Convection Microwave: Features
- 900-Watt, 1.5 cu. ft., convection microwave oven with ceramic Carousel turntable
- Microwave oven gives you rapid reheating and fast cooking while the convection capability circulates hot air to provide perfect browning, baking, and roasting
- Sensor Cooking and Reheating Technology provides precise cooking and reheating
- Cooking convenience options include One-Touch Auto Defrost, Auto Broil, Auto Roast, Auto Bake, Auto Defrost as well as 10 cooking power levels, +60 seconds key for instant start, popcorn and beverage settings, keep warm function
- Easy-to-clean matte white finish and stainless steel interior are complemented by the high-end scratch-resistant glass door
- Modern, easy-to-read keysheet design
- Large, 15.4-inch oven-to-table quality, elegant, glossy white, oven-safe, ceramic turntable platter insures even heating, is safe for direct contact cooking, and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Dimensions are 24.7W x 14.9H x 19D inches and it weighs 60 lbs.
A Sharp Trim Kit (Stainless Steel Only) is available for built-in installation.
- Time-saving combination cooking
- Workhorse microwave and convection oven
- Large, oven-to-table ceramic turntable insures even heating
- Several effective reheating options
#3 – Toshiba EC042A5C-BS 1.5 Cu. Ft., 1000-Watt, Smart Sensor, Microwave Convection Oven Combo in Black Stainless Steel
Probably better known for their information and communication technology equipment, Toshiba is also a popular, quality appliance brand and microwave manufacture for decades. The Toshiba EC042A5C-BS 1.5 Cu. Ft., 1000-Watt, Smart Sensor, Microwave Convection Oven Combo in Black Stainless Steel features 9 convenient One-Button sensor cooking and reheating functions as well as 10 power levels that give you complete control over your cooking. You will love its stylish black stainless steel exterior that will complement your kitchen and its easy-to-clean stainless steel interior. Its large interior is capable of accommodating large meals and dishes. Combine microwave and convection cooking to achieve faster and better cooking results than with microwave or convection oven alone. Additional One-Touch convenience allows you to program up to three favorite time and power combinations. This popular Sharp Convection Microwave combines both convection oven and microwave settings so you can bake, reheat, or cook meals using either or both functions for ultimate versatility in one appliance.
- 1000-watt, 1.5 cu. ft., convection microwave with stylish black stainless steel exterior
- Convection cooking generates browning, baking, and roasting hot air circulation from 175 to 425 degrees F
- Sensor Cooking includes 6 presets, the ability to setup three favorite time/power settings, and a pre-programmed menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies, and more
- Auto menu gives you four quick and easy functions for roasting, baking, and defrosting functions to bake crispy fries, roast a whole chicken, or heat up frozen pizza and includes weight adjustments
- Use Auto Bake for frozen pizza, muffins, dinner rolls, and frozen fries
- Use Auto Roast for beef, whole chicken, turkey breasts, and pork
- Turn on microwave for one to six minutes at 100% power by simply touching the number of minutes you would like to cook
- Easy-to-use digital control panel and interior LED light
- Easy-to-clean stainless steel interior
- Large 13.6-inch diameter rotating glass turntable insures even cooking is easy to clean
- Grill rack included for use during convection cooking
- More/Less buttons to increase or decrease time
- Dimensions are 21.7L x 21.4W x 12.8H inches
- Combination cooking is a plus
- Excellent value
- Beautiful design and finish
- Easy to clean stainless steel interior
- Poor instructions
- Slow preheating
- Larger than many expected for 1.5 cu. ft.
- Check first for minimum clearances that may restrict placement
If you’re looking for a combo, convection microwave oven with grilling capability that is not quite as large as a 1.5 cu. ft., the new-generation Cuisinart CMW-200 may be the perfect oven for you. It is a great combination of size, power, and features all in a stylish stainless steel and black design.
- You will think you’ve purchased a high-end commercial oven when you see the great looks of the Cuisinart CMW-200 with its brushed stainless steel and black frame, dark tinted glass window, and sleek control panel
- This performance-oriented oven microwave combo has a full 1000 watts of cooking power in a 1.2 cu. ft. package that will fit well in any kitchen while still providing all the power and functionality you need
- The additional grilling capability is a nice bonus added to an already fully-capable multi-use oven
- The large 12-inch rotating glass platter evenly heats all of your food
- Nine (9) preset options for the most-used cooking functions will make it easy and fast to cook your favorite foods
- The high-tech control panel offers both single and combination settings for a nearly unlimited number of cooking options
- You will appreciate the multi-stage cooking feature which shifts automatically among the CMW-200’s multi-use functions to make perfect cooking results easy and fun
- The CMW-200 gives you the flexibility to defrost by weight or time
- Clean-up will be easy and fast with the stainless steel interior which absorbs no odors and is easy to sanitize
- The CMW-200 measures 23-2/3 x 21 x 14-3/5 inches
- Cuisinart provides a 3-year limited warranty on the CMW-200
- 1 – Reversible grill rack
- 1 – User manual/receipt book
- Large interior room
- Nice upscale design
- Many features
- Dim interior light
- Unit top and sides get hot
- Complicated to operate
- Cord to short
The ultimate combination of size, style, and technology, the Emerson MWCG1584SB 1.5 Cu. Ft. 1000-Watt Microwave Convection Oven with Grill Touch Control is also a budget buy and why it’s at the top of our list. Its got a full 1.5 cu. ft. of cooking space which is largest enough to accommodate a great variety of meals and dishes. In addition to standard microwave and convection features, it also has integrated grilling capability to give your food that wonderful grilled look and taste. It features a high-end commercial look with its stainless steel and black frame and sleek control panel that is sure to be a wonderful accent to your kitchen. Enter both single and combination settings into the control panel choosing from 11 different power levels and 9 quick, pre-programmed recipes for a nearly unlimited number of cooking options using convection, microwave, and grilling.
- 1000-watt, 1.5 cu. ft. convection microwave oven with grilling feature
- Stylish stainless steel and black frame looks high-end
- Grill features with removable grill rack allows you to brown food perfectly and offers a healthy alternative to frying
- Convection cooking allows you to roast or bake by circulating hot air uniformly around your food
- Nine preset cooking functions including popular foods like popcorn and frozen vegetables take the guesswork out of cooking
- Removable glass turntable insures complete and even cooking and is easy to clean
- Time and weight defrost allows you to simply enter the weight of food and the oven automatically sets the optimal defrosting time and power level
- Nice looking design
- Large size accommodates a greater variety of dishes
- Nice grilling features
- Easy to use
- Budget priced
- Noisy operation
- Slides when you try to open it
Convection Microwave Oven
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of these convection microwave ovens? Which convection microwave oven are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
Thanks for reading! I hope this article has given you valuable information that you can use to choose the convection microwave oven that is perfect for you!