An espresso coffee grinder grinds or mills coffee beans to super fine or ultra fine consistency to make the perfect espresso coffee. Espresso has become more and more popular as coffee drinkers are realizing that it’s not the dark, bitter, burnt-flavored drink they thought it was. They are also realizing that buying pre-ground coffee does not produce the flavor they are looking for and are buying an espresso coffee grinder to give them the full espresso experience.
An espresso coffee grinder uses a blade or flat blade or conical burrs to grind coffee beans to the size necessary to produce the best espresso coffee. Whether you’re an espresso purist or enjoy adding chocolate, caramel, or whipped cream, the right grind is essential to the flavor.
It is universally acknowledged that burr grinders give better results than blade grinders because they provide better control and consistency in the grind. Blade models depend on grinding duration much like a home blender to achieve the proper grind consistency. It can be difficult to judge the grind size using this method and it will produce inconsistent results. A burr espresso coffee grinder gives much better control over the grind and produces consistent results.
Interested in seeing other quality coffee appliances? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Espresso Maker: Top Rated Professional Home Espresso Machine
- Bona Vita: Top Rated SCAA-Certified Bonavita Coffee Maker
- Drip Coffee Makers: Top 7 Best Rated 10 Cup Plus Coffee Machines
Burr grinders can be high-speed direct drive, low-speed direct drive, or low-speed gear-reduction. Low-speed grinders generate less heat that can negatively affect the grounds.
It’s likely that you want to make more types of coffee than just espresso for yourself or your friends and family and that means you will need different grinds from ultra fine to coarse. In order to satisfy different coffee tastes, there are burr coffee grinders that provide selective grind sizes that run the gamut.
We searched social media, coffee forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, retail sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highest rated burr coffee grinders available.
Check our list and see if one of these high-quality burr coffee grinders is the best coffee grinder for your needs!
Espresso Coffee Grinder: Top 7 Best Rated Burr Coffee Grinders
You might know Breville better as the maker of high-quality appliances like toaster ovens and convection microwave ovens. Now they bring their expertise to coffee grinding with the Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder in Brushed Stainless Steel that features Precision Digital Time that gives you complete control over dose and grind time. This is a beautiful, high-quality appliance that will look great in your kitchen while producing the ideal grind. Perfect timing combined with 60 different grind settings you will allow you to tailor the grind to your favorite brew and achieve maximum flavor potential. Its stainless steel conical burrs are designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean. This model also provides flexible options to grind directly into a portafilter, grinds container, gold tone filter basket or paper filter. Here’s what you need to know about this burr coffee bean grinder.
Espresso Coffee Grinder Features
- Beautifully designed, burr espresso coffee grinder
- Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and automatically doses the same every time you grind making it easy to achieve a consistent dose
- 60 individual, precise grind settings are adjustable from the finest espresso to the coarsest French press
- Grinding range can be fine-tuned by adjusting the upper burr without tools
- Stainless steel conical burrs minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
- Large 16 oz. coffee bean capacity with locking system for easy removal, storage, and transfer of the bean hopper
- Flexible options to grind directly into portafilter, grinds container, gold tone filter basket or paper filter
With 17 grind selections from extremely fine espresso to coarse French press, the Secura SCG-903B Automatic Electric Burr Coffee Grinder Mill in Black is a fully capable espresso coffee grinder with a compact size that takes up less space on your countertop. This automatic electric burr espresso coffee grinder mill grinds beans uniformly and consistently while preserving their natural aroma. Additional convenience features include a quality control dial selectable from 2 to 12 cups, an On/Off button, and safety automatic shut off. Here’s what you need to know.
- Automatic electric burr espresso coffee grinder mill grinds beans uniformly and consistently while preserving their natural aroma
- 17 grind size selections from extremely fine espresso to coarse French press
- Compact size reduces demand on valuable counters space
- Quality control dial is selectable from 2 to 12 cups
- On/Off button
- Safety automatic shut off
- Dimensions are 6 x 4 8.75 inches
The Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Coffee Grinder in Black features conical burr grinding heads with angles and shapes formed by computer controlled machines to within 0.1mm (1/250 inch) precision. Coupled with a multiple gear motor that produces the slowest grinding action (< 450 RPM), the burrs produce high-precision grinding from Turkish fine to percolator coarse with the lowest noise available in a conical burr grinder and with maximum aroma and flavor retention. This model has 16 clearly marked fineness settings include four each for extra fine, fine, and coarse. Here’s what you need to know.
- Elegant, timeless, user-friendly, 100-watt commercial-grade conical burr espresso coffee grinder with an extremely wide grind range
- 16 clearly marked fineness settings include four each for extra fine, fine, and coarse
- Computer controlled special grinding heads cut the angles and shapes of the steel burrs to within 0.1 mm precision (1/250 of one inch)
- Commercial-grade burrs are produced as matched pairs and are hand assembled in Switzerland for precise fit
- The multiple gear reduction motor produces the slowest grinding action (< 450 rpm) and less static built-up resulting in highest precision grinding from Turkish fine to percolator coarse and the lowest noise conical burr grinder
- Built-in safety lock system prevents operation if the bean container is not locked into place
- Upper conical burr and bean container are removable for easy cleaning
- Tight fitting ground coffee container holds up to 4 oz. of ground coffee and remains sealed during grinding
- See through bean container holds up to 8.8 oz. of your favorite coffee beans
- Timer can be set to grind from 5 to 60 seconds for hands-free operation
- Cleaning brush and measuring scoop included
- Durable heavy-duty zinc die-cast housing
- Dimensions are 7-2/3 x 5-2/5 x 10-4/5 inches
- 1-Year limited warranty
The continuously adjustable Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder in Green delivers the ideal grind for any brewing method using its 14 grind settings from coarse to fine. Its unique slip-proof borosilicate glass container, with its tight silicone/nylon lid, catches grounds while resisting static electricity and virtually eliminating “jumping” coffee grounds and spills. Convenience features include a push button, pre-set timer that allows you to grind the exact amount of coffee needed, keeping beans fresh and preventing waste and stainless steel burr grinder that never needs sharpening. Here’s what you need to know.
- Continuously adjustable electric burr espresso coffee grinder uses 14 grind settings to deliver the ideal grind for any brewing method from espresso to French press
- Unique borosilicate glass container has a slip-proof silicone band, tight silicone/nylon lid with handy measuring guide, and inherently resists static electricity to virtually eliminate “jumping” coffee grounds and spills
- Stainless steel burr grinder delivers consistent grinds and never needs sharpening
- Push button, pre-set timer allows you to grind the exact amount of coffee needed, keeping beans fresh and preventing waste
The Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder features a high-torque DC motor that turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and long grinding duty-cycle capability. 40 individual grind settings, from fine to coarse, delivers accurate, repeatable palate-pleasing grinds perfect for espresso and the increasingly popular manual brew methods such as pour-over Aeropress, Siphon, and Chemex. Adjustable speed control uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to automatically control the rotation of the burr to a slow 450 RPM that reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. Whether you are looking for an espresso grinder or a grinder to help you explore the extensive range of brew methods, the Encore is a great all around home grinder. Here’s what you need to know.
- Conical burr espresso coffee grinder with quiet, slow RPM high-torque DC motor that produces cool operation
- Adjustable speed control (405 to 495 RPM) uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to automatically control the rotation of the burr to a slow 450 RPM that reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder
- Innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind and is user adjustable
- Convenient, front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind on demand into your brew basket
- Burrs are removable with no tools for easy cleaning
- Automatic resetting safety thermal cutoff switch and On/Off switch
- Value bundle includes the Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder, the Coastline Professional Digital Pocket Scale, and the Brushtech Coffee Grinder Dusting Brush
- Large bean hopper capacity of 8 oz. and grounds bin capacity of 5 oz.
Get a genuine, rich, complex European café experience at home using the Bellemain 17-Setting Burr Coffee Grinder that features a powerful burr grinding action and precise, flexible control in a sleek, compact machine that fits in any kitchen. Fully automatic one-button, hands-free operation with automatic shutoff delivers the perfect grind and amount of grounds. 17 selectable grind settings deliver accurate control with settings for intense espresso and Turkish coffee, filtered drip coffee makers, and French presses. Precise portion control uses a selectable dial to produce from 2 to 14 cups eliminating wasted coffee grounds. Here’s what you need to know.
- Flexible, powerful burr espresso coffee grinder processes the whole bean to a consistent, optimum fineness for optimum flavor and aroma
- Fully automatic one-button, hands-free operation with automatic shutoff delivers the perfect grind and amount of grounds
- 17 selectable grind settings deliver accurate control with settings for intense espresso and Turkish coffee, filtered drip coffee makers, and French presses
Adjustable grind supports from 2 to 14 cups
- Precise portion control uses a selectable dial to produce from 2 to 14 cups eliminating wasted coffee grounds
- Practical as well as stylish, its compact size and non-slip feet make it perfect for every kitchen counter
- Large top hopper holds up to 7 oz. of whole coffee beans
- Removable clear grounds cup, grinding disc, and bean hopper lid for easy, fast cleanup
- 2-Year limited warranty with full replacement guarantee
With precise computer cut angled and shaped conical burrs that deliver precision grinding and a multiple reduction gear motor that generates the slowest grinding action, the Capresso 565 Infinity Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder produces perfect grinds, from Turkish fine to percolator coarse without the noise of a blade grinder. Its multiple gear reduction motor produces the slowest grinding action resulting in the highest precision grinding over the widest grind range from ultrafine Turkish to percolator coarse with less friction and less heat buildup. Here’s what you need to know.
- High-performance, conical burr espresso coffee grinder with 16 clearly marked fineness settings with four levels for each including extra fine, fine, regular and coarse
- Commercial-grade solid conical burrs are produced as matched pairs and are hand assembled in Switzerland for precise fit
- A multiple gear reduction motor produces the slowest grinding action (< 450 RPM) resulting in the highest precision grinding over the widest grind range from ultrafine Turkish to percolator coarse with less friction and less heat buildup
- Low noise operation conical burr espresso coffee grinder
- Safety lock system prevents operation when upper burr is not locked
- Upper conical burr is removable for easy cleaning
- Tight-fitting ground coffee container holds up to 4 oz. of ground coffee
- See-through bean container holds up to 8.8 oz. of beans
- Timer can be set to grind from 5 to 60 seconds
- Pulse grinding capability
- Includes cleaning brush, measuring scoop, and 3-pack 35G Grindz coffee grinder cleaner
- Die-cast stainless steel construction for durability and long life
- Dimensions are 10.5H x 7.75W x 5L inches and weighs 6 lbs.
- 1-Year limited warranty
Espresso Coffee Grinder Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Please share if you think others will benefit!
What do you think of these burr coffee grinders? Which coffee grinder are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
As always, thanks for reading our MicrowaveOvenCentral.com Espresso Coffee Grinder post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best espresso coffee grinder for your needs!