A gas deep fryer is a traditional way for many folks to cook their Thanksgiving turkey so that it’s moist and tender. It seems if you don’t use an oven, you use a deep fryer. I don’t know if you’ve seen the videos or statistics, but a gas deep fryer can also be dangerous to use.
Then along comes a gas deep fryer that cooks a turkey and other meats as well moist and tender without the need for oil. It’s a way to cook healthier and also safer.
Oil-less deep fryers use infrared heat to cook your turkey without the need for the hot cooking oil you normally associate with a gas deep fryer.
A typical design uses enclosed propane burners that sit inside a double-wall cylindrical cooking chamber. The flames from the burners heat up the cooking chamber generating infrared heat that seals in the juices and penetrates the meat cooking it evenly.
One large benefit of the oil-less, infrared cooking design is that you don’t have to use hot cooking oil that you have to buy, can splatter during use, and you have to find a way to dispose of after cooking.
Something you can do with an infrared propane deep fryer that you can’t do with one that uses oil is to prepare the meat with seasoned rubs or injectable marinades to take the flavor to the next level.
One of the concerns of infrared cooking is that the meat will turn out tough or dry and not like the juicy meat from deep frying in oil.
The good news is that you don’t need oil to achieve moist and tender turkey meat. Similar to an oven that also doesn’t use oil, you can get that crispy skin you love along with the tender turkey meat you crave.
Interested in learning about other popular home cookers? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Grill: Best Large Electric Grill
- Infrared Cooker: Top Rated Countertop Halogen Oven
- Rotisserie Oven: Top Rated Compact Rotisserie Oven
- Cast Iron Casserole: Top Rated Cast Iron Casserole
- Best Electric Smoker: Top Rated Electric Digital Smoker
- Best Portable Charcoal Grill: Top Rated Budget Kamado Charcoal Grill
- Best Vertical Charcoal Smoker: Top Rated Midsize Bullet Charcoal Smoker
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator: Top Rated Sous Vide Precision Cooker
- Water Cooker: Top Rated Automatic Sous Vide Water Oven
- Propane Oven: Top Rated Outdoor Propane Camping Oven
- Deep Fryers for Home Use: Top 7 Best Rated Electric Deep Fryers
- Best Convection Oven: Most Popular Best Rated Convection Oven
- Vacuum Oven: Top Rated Desktop Vacuum Oven Turn-Key Package
We searched outdoor cooking forums, manufacturer sites, social media, consumer sites, customer review sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated gas-fired, oil-less turkey fryers.
Take a look at our choice and see if this Char-Broil turkey fryer is the best turkey fryer for your needs!
Since 1948 Char-Broil has been America’s favorite grill brand and their Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Liquid Propane Turkey Fryer has followed in those hallowed cooker footsteps. One of the most popular propane infrared turkey fryers out there, it features an oil-less design that gives you great tasting food without the hassle or additional calories of oil plus it’s one of the fastest, easiest, and safest ways to fry all kinds of your favorite foods. You might think that cooking without oil would leave a turkey or other meat tough, dry, and unpalatable. You will be pleasantly surprised however because backyard chefs all over America are cooking juicy, crisp, and flavorful turkeys and other meats without oil. Also, you are free to use seasoned rubs or injectable marinades to up the flavor that you can’t use with traditional fryers. What about cooking time? Is it much longer to use an infrared fryer? The Big Easy allows you to safely cook a turkey (up to 16 lbs. in about 8 to 10 minutes per pound. But, that’s not all, you can also cook a variety of other meats including roasts, ribs, pork tenderloin, and other large cuts of meat. It’s really the delicious, safe, and simple alternative to frying with oil.
Gas Deep Fryer: Features
- 16,000 BTU propane, Tru-Infrared, oil-less turkey gas deep fryer
- Fully-enclosed propane burners sit inside a double-wall cylindrical cooking chamber that generates infrared heat circling the cooker penetrating and cooking your turkey evenly and sealing in the flavorful juices
- Oil-less Turkey Fryer offers a healthier way to cook and prevents flare-ups and eliminates hot and cold spots
- Easy to use, it has only two control knobs, one to turn the fryer on and one to light the burner
- Powered by Char-Broil TRU-Infrared cooking technology delivering juicy results inside and a crispy outside every time
- Get started fast because there is no oil to heat up
Largecapacity cooking basket allows you to prepare perfect whole turkeys, chicken or roasts up to 16 pounds
- With no hot oil to burn, splatter, or spill, you’ll save money and stress without having to purchase or dispose of any oil
- Easy-to-use rotary ignition lights the propane burners quickly and reliably
Integratedthermometer makes it easy to know when yourfood has reached the proper internal temperature
- Burners are made from durable stainless steel
- Built-in, removable grease tray makes cleanup easy and preserves drippings for use in homemade gravy
- Its compact size is easy to transport and store
- Dimensions are 23.5H x 20.8D x 16.3W inches and it weighs 35 lbs.
- 1 – Cooking basket with lifter tool
- 1 –
- 1 – Lid
- 1 – Quick-start cooking guide
- 1 – Removable drip tray
Note: Propane tank required for operation is not included
- Easy cleanup
- Great cooker for all kinds of meat besides turkey
- Cooks meats tender and juicy
- Some complaints that cooking a turkey takes longer than expected
Gas Deep Fryer
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this oil-
Please share if you think others will benefit!
An infrared fryer is the convenient, safe, and easy way to cook large meats like turkey and roasts without unhealthy oil and without the danger of large fryers. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best gas deep fryer for your needs.