Microwave ovens are a fixture in any modern kitchen and they have improved over the years to the point you can cook more foods successfully than ever before. If you or your family is tired of ruining your food with that old microwave, a new microwave is a great gift buy!
One thing that’s changed dramatically in the past few years is the increasing use of inverter technology in the design of microwave ovens. If you’ve ever used the power settings on your microwave and thought that by decreasing the setting to 5 you were reducing the power by half, it doesn’t work that way. Traditional microwaves simply turn off and on to simulate reduced power, but when they’re operating, they are always at full power.
That makes it very difficult to cook more delicate foods because you’re always cooking at maximum power. You may have even noticed that even though you were using a lower power setting, the food still turned out worse than you had hoped. Dry and crusty edges or even burnt food can be the result.
That’s where an inverter microwave comes in. Inverter technology actually allows you to adjust the power output of the microwave. When you dial it down to 5, you are actually cutting the power output in half. That gives you a lot more options for cooking some of your favorite foods.
That’s why a new microwave is such a great gift buy. Right at the time when microwave use is at an all time high, the prices for these kitchen marvels have never been better. Get more features, more power, and more innovations at a price you can afford. With new technology, great looks, and a slew of modern features, your family will thank you for finally saving them from your old food burner.
Whether your looking for gifts for men, gift ideas for men, gifts for him, gifts for her, gifts for Mom, gifts for Dad, Christmas gifts, Christmas gift ideas, Christmas gifts for men, Christmas gifts for women, or just general gift ideas, now is the time to give the perfect microwave gift!
So how do you choose a microwave that’s definitely on everyone’s wish list? We’ve done the research for you and found some very popular, top-ranked, countertop microwave ovens that are sure to please even the pickiest on your list. Read on to learn more about microwaves that are sure to be a great gift buy this Christmas.
Great Gift Buy: Top 5 Microwave Oven Christmas Gifts 2014
When it comes to microwave ovens, you want one that fits your budget, has inverter technology, and has all the features you crave. You also want one that is top rated for its quality and performance. It just so happens that Panasonic microwaves check all the boxes and so you will see more of those on our list that any other.
#5 – Breville BMO734XL Quick Touch Microwave Oven
Breville is known for its fine appliances and the Breville BMO734XL is no exception. This is not an inverter microwave, but we had to put it on the list because of its quality and design. Although you don’t have control over the power that you will have with a Panasonic inverter microwave, you do get a lot of great features that will make cooking easier and faster.
- 1100 watts of power makes quick work of even larger meals
- 1.2 cu. ft. of cooking space and a large nearly 12-1/2 inch turntable gives you the room you need to cook even larger dishes easily
- Don’t cook your food while you defrost! This Breville allows you to defrost foods without drying them out or pre-cooking them using its Smart Defrost setting
- Breville’s Smart Settings sets time and power levels automatically for a variety of foods in cook, reheat, and defrost modes taking the guesswork out of microwave cooking
- You get 13 Smart Cook auto menus, 13 Smart Reheat auto menus, 5 Smart Defrost auto menus and 2 auto Melt & Soften menus
- Now your microwave can actually calculate the proper cooking time for you using its Sensor IQ™ Cook and Reheat technology
- Handy one-touch auto buttons make performing your most common cooking tasks fast and easy
- For even easier use, it features 30 Second Instant Start and a unique A Bit More function
- A self-locating turntable means no more running off the rails
- Have a favorite food that you cook often? The My Favorite function allows you to memorize your favorite cooking setting
- Finally a microwave manufacturer has included an adjustable beep volume. You know how annoying that beep can be!
- 1-Year limited replacement warranty
Breville BM0734XL Quick Touch Features Video
Breville BM0734XL Design Video
#4 – Panasonic NN-SN661S Genius 1.2 cu. ft. 1200-Watt Sensor Microwave
This is the first Panasonic on our list, but certainly not the last. The Panasonic Genius NN-SN661S 1.2 cu. ft. microwave oven has the quality and performance you’ve come to expect from a Panasonic small appliance. This microwave has inverter technology and a bunch of features your friends and family will love.
- 1200 watts of adjustable power, 1.2 cu. ft. of space, and an extra large 13-1/2 inch turntable mean the NN-SS661S can handle larger meals and cook them quickly
- One-touch Sensor Cooking and Reheat automatically sets power levels and adjusts cooking or defrosting times while cooking using steam measurements
- Turbo Defrost uses the inverter’s continuous-power delivery method to defrost foods faster and safer without pre-cooking or damaging foods
- Pulsing low microwave power keeps your food from overcooking for 30 minutes after cooking time while you wait for family or friends
- Good looking stainless-steel door and silver wrap will enhance any kitchen décor
- Variable-power Inverter technology allows you to cook meals besides popcorn and soup with confidence
- A handy one-touch Quick Minute button allows you to quickly set or add time as needed
- Dimensions are a large 14-3/8L x 13-5/16W x 9-15/16H inches interior and a compact 15-13/16L x 20-11/16W x 12-1/4H inches exterior in a lightweight 25-1/2 lb. package
- Optional matching trim kit, NN-TK621SS is available to build your microwave into a kitchen wall and give it an even more custom look
- Multilingual menu is can be adjusted to display English, Spanish, or French
#3 – Panasonic NN-SD681S Genius “Prestige” 1.2 cu. ft. 1200 Watt Sensor Microwave
The Prestige line of Panasonic microwaves is designed to be a step-above their other lines providing additional styling touches and more advanced controls. The Panasonic NN-SD681S Genius Prestige 1.2 cu. ft. 1200 watt microwave is a fine example of all the Prestige line features.
- 1200 watts of power, 1.2 cu. ft. of space and a large 13-1/2 inch turntable all contribute to this microwaves utility and capability
- Inverter Technology provides variable power control for cooking even delicate foods evenly and properly
- Panasonic’s Genius line all have their famous one-touch Sensor Cooking button that automatically adjusts power levels during cooking and defrosting for the perfect meal
- Tired of cooking your food during defrost? Panasonic’s Inverter Turbo Defrost defrosts food even faster than traditional microwaves without damaging or pre-cooking your food
- You won’t find a keypad on this microwave. Panasonic has designed an easy-to-use pop-out dial to replace ancient keypad technology and given it a high-end blue neon-look so everyone will notice the style of this high-end microwave
- Tired of letting food get cold before your family or friends arrive at the dinner table? Panasonic’s Keep Warm feature keeps your food warm an extra 30 minutes after cooking without overcooking or damaging it
- Unique Inverter Melt-Soften Button gives you perfectly softened butter, cream cheese, ice cream, and chocolate
- Weighing in at just 25-1/2 lbs., the NN-SD681S will surprise you with its roomy interior of 14-3/8L x 13-15/16W x 9-15/16H inches inside a compact exterior of only 15-13/16L x 20-11/16W x 12-1/4H inches.
- A matching optional trim kit, 27-Inch NN-TK621SS, is available to integrate your microwave into a wall of your kitchen
#2 – NEW Panasonic NN-SN643S Sensor Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology
The Panasonic NN-SN643S is a brand new model of inverter microwave oven that gives you plenty of cooking room and a powerful 1250 watts of cooking power. Its stainless-steel fascia and silver wrap gives this microwave a warm, modern look that will enhance your kitchen décor. Panasonic has rolled all of their best features into this cutting-edge microwave oven.
- 1250 watts of power, 1.2 cu. ft. of interior cooking space, and a large 13-1/2 inch glass turntable all contribute to this inverter microwave’s utility and performance
- State-of-the –art inverter technology offers linear and adjustable power to prevent overcooking surface and edges of foods
- A full 12-menu category One-Touch Sensor Cook and Reheat provides automatic power and cooking time adjustment for a variety of foods
- Easy-to-clean tactile membrane keypad with 5 extra buttons makes programming easier
- Lightweight at only 25.5 lbs. and compact dimensions of 20-11/16L x 15-13/16W x 12-1/4H inches
- An optional matching 27-inch trim kit (NN-TK621SS) is available to build this microwave into a wall
- English/Spanish language modes
#1 – Panasonic Genius NN-SN773S 1.6 cu. ft. 1250 Watt Microwave with Inverter Technology, Stainless Steel (Great Gift Buy)
If you’re looking for a great gift buy in microwaves, the Panasonic Genius NN-SN773S 1.6 cu. ft. 1250-watt inverter microwave oven is a great choice. It is a nice compromise between the large 2.2 cu. ft. and smaller 1.2 cu. ft. models, but still has the features and performance of the larger ovens. Here are some of its great features.
- 1250 watts of power, the perfect size 1.6 cu. ft. interior and an extra large 15-inch glass turntable give you the flexibility to cook larger food dishes than smaller units
- Panasonics unique One-Touch Genius Sensor Cooking button sense the steam produced by your food and automatically adjusts power levels and cooking times to give it just the right amount of power and time for perfect cooking
- Stylish in stainless steel, the door of this microwave is finger-print resistant and adds to the overall appeal of this Panasonic model
- You will be able to evenly, perfectly cook breakfast, dinner, after-school snacks, or whatever suits you
- Panasonic designed their forward-thinking inverter technology into the NN-SN773S to give you true variable power along with the absolute most flexibility in cooking available in a microwave. That means food that are cooked properly, all the way through evenly, and with the textures and flavor you expect
- Panasonic’s compact, single power supply design allows this microwave to be lightweight at 32 lbs. as well as compact at 19-7/16L x 21-7/8W x 12H inches and yet provide large interior dimensions of 18-1/2L x 16-7/16W x 9H inches.
Microwave Oven Great Gift Buy Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of our microwave oven gift list? Which microwave are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our microwave post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you find a great gift buy in microwaves!