An infrared cooker, halogen oven, or convection oven uses a halogen bulb to generate heat and a fan to circulate the heat in and around your food. The advantage is that an infrared cooker is faster than a regular oven and the food turns out like a regular oven.
An infrared cooker is not designed to cook as fast as a microwave, but it is a faster way to cook than an oven and the food quality after cooking is far superior to what you can achieve in the microwave.
What are the advantages of an infrared cooker?
Cook an Entire Meal at Once
One big advantage of a convection oven is that with the proper racks, you can cook an entire meal at one time in the same oven. This is not feasible in a microwave oven and it can even be difficult in a regular oven.
Interested in learning about other popular cooking solutions? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Rotisserie Oven: Top Rated Compact Rotisserie Oven
- Cast Iron Casserole: Top Rated Cast Iron Casserole
- Best Electric Smoker: Top Rated Electric Digital Smoker
- Best Vertical Charcoal Smoker: Top Rated Midsize Bullet Charcoal Smoker
- Wood Burning Camp Stove: Top Rated Camp Stove
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator: Top Rated Sous Vide Precision Cooker
- Water Cooker: Top Rated Automatic Sous Vide Water Oven
- Best Vacuum Sealer: Top 7 Best Rated Home Vacuum Sealers
- Propane Oven: Top Rated Outdoor Propane Camping Oven
- Zojirushi Home Bakery Mini Breadmaker
- 8Qt Pressure Cooker: Top Rated 8-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
- Best Rice Cooker: Top 5 Best Rated High-End Rice Cookers
- Wife Gift Ideas: Top 5 Healthy Food Steamers
Another is consistent heating. By circulating hot air around the food, you don’t get hot spots as easily as you get in a conventional oven with two burners above and below.
If you want to cook nearly as fast as a microwave, but you miss the browning of the oven, an infrared cooker will give you that. You will find that cooking roasts, chickens, and other meats in this type of oven will give better results than in just about any other oven type.
Steam is a part of almost every type of cooking because food has water in it and for some cooking that steam will add to the cooking process. An infrared cooker or convection oven is designed to let moisture escape, so your food gets nicely browned instead of steamed.
Another benefit is a reduction in energy usage. There are many reasons that an infrared cooker saves energy over a conventional oven. First, it takes longer for a conventional oven to reach temperature because it must heat so much space inside the oven. An infrared oven also uses less energy while cooking than oven burners do so you save energy all around.
We searched cooking forums, cooking sites, social media, manufacturer sites, customer review sites, consumer sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated infrared cooker.
Take a look at our choice and see if this halogen countertop convection oven is the best infrared cooker for your needs!
The 12-Quart 1200W Countertop Halogen Infrared Convection Oven in White by Excelvan is a perfect oven to roast, bake, broil, steam, and fry all your favorite foods. It features a large 12-quart tempered glass cooking bowl that is large enough to cook whole meals at a time. Portable and flexible, you can use it in an RV, boat, dorm room, campground, small kitchen space, and more. Need additional oven space when guests visit? Set out your Excelvan and take advantage of all the extra space. If you’re thinking healthy like many people are, you can cook without the additional use of fats or oils and the grease drains away to the bottom of the oven during cooking. This oven also retains nutrients and flavor better while cooking up to 3X faster than a conventional oven.
Infrared Cooker: Features
- 1200W, 12-quart, countertop infrared cooker
- High-capacity 12-quart tempered, heat-resistant glass cooking bowl provides ample space for a variety of foods and is safe and easy to clean after cooking
- Highly portable, this is a perfect cooker for RVs, boats, dorm rooms, campgrounds, small kitchen spaces and more
- Flexible and convenient, use this halogen oven to roast, bake, broil, steam, and fry
- Timer registers 0 – 60 minutes and temperature dial registers from 149 to 482 degrees F
- Power lead plus is detachable for safer removal of the lid
- 1-Year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- 1 – Dual rack
- 1 – Lid holder
- 1 – Set of tongs
- Cook entire meals in one oven
- Glass bowl makes it easy to monitor food
- Supports multiple cooking styles
- Easy to clean
- Some complaints that the halogen bulb burns out after only about a year and a replacement are either not available or too expensive
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this convection cooker? Which infrared cooker are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
An infrared cooker is an easy and fast way to cook foods perfectly by roasting, baking, broiling, steaming, or frying all in the same oven. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best infrared cooker for your needs!