So you bought a new microwave oven, but there is no room on the counter. You need a microwave cart. It used to be that microwave carts were pretty ugly and really didn’t complement any kitchen décor, but all that has changed. Carts have become more like kitchen workstations with premium finishes and handy storage. They can have room for your microwave and still provide some countertop space for other appliances or support your next cooking adventure. This article provides the information you need to know to choose a microwave cart from some of the most popular carts available.
Microwave Cart: 5 Most Popular Microwave Oven Carts
When it comes right down to it, your microwave is the biggest counter space eater of all your countertop appliances. Don’t you wish you could get that space back somehow? You can and you don’t have to suffer with rickety designs, ugly looks, or lack of storage. Popular new carts are pushing the envelope in design and functionality. Take a look at some of the most innovative and popular microwave carts available.
If you’re looking for a microwave cart that will give you additional surface and storage space, the Home Styles 5216-95 is a great choice. Take a look at this great kitchen cart’s features.
- This cart has a natural finish that will complement any kitchen décor.
- The Model 5216-95 features a heavy-duty, durable solid wood top.
- It is constructed of sustainable hardwood and has a clear coat finish to protect against marring from everyday use.
- With utility drawers, two open shelves, and a towel bar, this microwave cart is the perfect addition to any kitchen.
- Extra tough locking casters on the Model 5216-95 allow you to easily move the cart around your kitchen even loaded with a microwave.
- The Model 5216-95 measures 44W x 20-1/2D x 36H inches.
- Heavy-duty casters
- Very sturdy
- Great quality
- Large size
- Surface scratches easily
- Difficult to assemble
If you’re looking for a microwave cart with lots of storage and the additional functionality of a breakfast bar, the Home Styles 5089-95 is a great choice. Just look at all of its great features.
- The Model 5089-95 with its natural finish, slim profile, and brushed nickel hardware will look right at home in any kitchen.
- A wood, drop-down breakfast bar provides extra space when you need it.
- Heavy-duty locking casters provide the flexibility to change the location of your microwave cart when needed.
- This cart has lots of extra storage space with its four utility drawers and two cabinets (each with an adjustable shelf).
- The Model 5089-95 also comes with some really handy extras including a spice and condiment caddy, towel bar, and paper towel holder.
- The unit is constructed from sustainable hardwood and comes coated with a clear coat finish to protect against marring from everyday use.
- The Model 5089-95 measures 52-1/2W x 19-1/4D x 36H inches.
- Easy assembly
- Fantastic value
- Cart is less than 20 inches deep
- Drawers don’t open completely
- Not all wheels have locks
This Catskill Craftsmen Drop Leaf utility cart is just the right size for a microwave and will look nice in your kitchen, too. Take a look at its useful features.
- The white lacquered base and natural lacquered top will look good in any kitchen.
- This Catskill Craftsmen Drop Leaf Cart is manufactured from naturally self-sustaining, non-endangered North American hardwoods, primarily Northern Yellow Birch.
- This unit has a drop leaf and open and enclosed storage.
- Locking caster wheels make this cart easily maneuverable around the kitchen.
- A handy knife rack and towel bar increase the functionality of this cart.
- Overall dimensions are 34 1/2W x 26D x 34H inches.
- Easy to roll
- Very nice quality
- Looks great in my kitchen
- Drawer is a bit narrow
- Extension brackets weak
- Difficult assembly
The Winsome Wood Drop-Leaf Kitchen Cart is the perfect microwave cart for small kitchens where more workspace is needed. This unit packs a lot of features into a compact cart.
- Solid beechwood and brushed nickel hardware will be a nice looking addition to any kitchen.
- This unit has a roomy area for the microwave that may even allow a little space beside for a small appliance or additional counter space.
- Two foldout leaves add almost 10 more inches of length to the unit.
- One handy cabinet drawers and an open shelf provide space for large and tall items.
- A good size two-door storage cabinet adds to your storage capability.
- Lockable casters give the cart mobility so you can place it where needed, or easily move it out of the way.
- Very nicely constructed of solid beechwood, you will appreciate the quality construction.
- The unit measure 25 1/4W x 20D x 33 1/4H inches. It expands to 45 inches wide using the drop leaves.
- Very solid piece, well made
- Beautiful unit
- Side leaves are sturdy
- Challenging to assemble
- No instructions included
- Poor quality control
Another great space saver for your kitchen, the Winsome Wood Single Drawer Storage Cart will give you extra space you might not expect in such a compact size. Large top is perfect for a microwave. Look at all the features of this very popular cart.
- Its beautiful beechwood construction, beechwood handles, simple lines, and quality finishing will complement your microwave and kitchen nicely.
- Made from solid beechwood, this unit will easily support your microwave in style.
- If you have space problems and don’t want to use up precious real estate on your counter with a bulky microwave, then this cart should fit the purpose nicely.
- This unit includes a handy towel rail on the side for quick access.
- The single, wide, roomy drawer has plenty of space for extra utensils and kitchen tools.
- The two-door cabinet has a shelf provides additional storage space for all those kitchen extras you have.
- Large handles on this cart are easy for busy, distracted chefs to grasp and pull.
- Riding on lockable casters, you will be able to move the cart to wherever you need it whenever you need it.
- This cart measures 25 1/2W x 19 1/4D x 34H inches.
- Easy to assemble
- Solid wood product
- Great for a microwave
- Great value
- Doors don’t hang properly
- Drawer doesn’t side properly
- Parts are not labeled for assembly
Microwave Cart Comparison Chart
Need a new microwave oven? Be sure to check out our other articles Panasonic Microwave: Best Full-Size Countertop Microwave Oven, Mini Microwave: Top 5 Back-To-College Microwaves, and Samsung Microwave: Best Value Over-The-Range Samsung Microwave Oven.
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of our list of microwave carts? Which microwave cart are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
I hope this article discussing the 5 most popular microwave oven carts has been valuable to you as you