Now that you have that new microwave, it’s time to look at microwave cookware. You can buy individual pieces over time to meet your needs or you can save money and time and buy a set that handles all your likely recipes.
We recommend that you buy a set for a couple of reasons. Like we said, you are likely to save money over buying just one or two pieces and adding to the set over time. If you want a matched set, buying them individually risks the discontinuation of one or more pieces making it impossible to match.
Something else to consider is the type of cookware you buy. Lots of cheap plastic sets are available, but they are one-trick ponies only able to be used in the microwave and may not be dishwasher safe. We recommend a combination microwave safe cookware and oven safe cookware.
The right combination set made of quality materials will serve double-duty allowing you to bake or microwave in them. This is a real money-saver because it saves you from having to buy special cookware just for the microwave and a separate set for the oven. Plus, a stylish, quality set can also be used for storing in the refrigerator or freezer and can even be used to serve food at the table.
What are the drawbacks? The original cost of the set will certainly be higher than cheap microwave cookware sets. Your cost savings will come from eliminating the cost of an extra set and eliminating the cost of replacing pieces of a cheap set due to failures over time.
When it comes to quality materials, one of the most popular and stylish brands is CorningWare. They make a great French White style set of 17 pieces that can be used for baking, microwaving, storing, and serving. You already know the CorningWare name means quality and durability and their 17-piece set is no exception. Take a look at this set and see if it’s the best cookware set for you!
CorningWare French White 17-Piece Bake and Microwave Cookware
This French White set from CorningWare comes with every piece you could desire in a bake and microwave cookware set. It’s also made from very durable materials and looks very stylish whether you’re baking, microwaving, or serving. The set comes with matching plastic lids and glass covers to give you the most flexibility in the kitchen. Take a look at all of this set’s great features.
- Set is made from durable CorningWare stoneware that is designed to resist chipping and cracking
- CorningWare stoneware is non-porous to prevent staining and odor retention
- You will love the classic lines and traditional elegance of this white, fluted cookware that will complement any home décor and that features flared rims for easy handling
- The set comes with plastic lids and tempered glass covers that give you extra flexibility when cooking, storing or serving.
- Set includes:
- 1 – 15-ounce oval casserole dish with plastic cover
- 1 – 16-ounce round casserole dish with plastic cover
- 1 – 23-ounce oval casserole dish with plastic cover
- 1 – 2-1/2-quart round casserole dish with tempered glass cover
- 1 – 24-ounce round casserole dish with plastic cover
- 1 – 2-1/2-quart oval casserole dish with tempered glass cover
- 4 – Small ramekins (individual serving dishes)
- 1 – Chrome metal rack for oval casserole dish
- This CorningWare French White set is microwave, oven, freezer, refrigerator, and dishwasher safe.
- CorningWare provides a 1-Year limited warranty on this set.
- Classic design
- Great assortment of sizes
- Love microwave or oven to table design
- Glass lids may not fit perfectly
- Ramekins are very small and shallow
- White finish may scratch easily
- Can’t be used on range top
Microwave Cookware Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this microwave and bake cookware set? Which microwave cookware set are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for taking the time to read our article! I sincerely hope that it helps you choose the right microwave cookware set for you!