A propane oven is designed for campers who want to make a wider variety of foods to make their outdoor camping trip more enjoyable. While it’s possible to bake using more traditional camp stoves, having a propane oven opens up the menu to foods you enjoy, but otherwise wouldn’t consider baking in the wild.
A propane oven is not common camping equipment because in general, camping is a minimalist endeavor with weight reduction one of the goals. For those that enjoy food, a propane oven allows them to take camping to the next level by expanding their horizons to a bounty of foods not possible otherwise.
Interested in learning about other quality ovens? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Best Convection Oven: Most Popular Best Rated Convection Oven
- RV Microwave Convection Oven: Best Sharp OTR RV Microwave
Since even glampers realize the benefits of being efficient while camping, the best propane oven should come bundled with a camp stove so that you can use the same propane source for both. Also, by combining both a stove and oven in one, you confine all the cooking to one station much like at home.
You might be asking yourself if baking is really necessary while camping. You are more limited in the dessert recipes you can prepare easily on a two-burner camp stove. A propane oven allows your imagination to run wild so that you can bake desserts like pies, crisps, cobblers, casseroles, breads, cookies, muffins, and the list goes on.
Breakfast is another meal that benefits from being able to bake bread and other goodies like egg casseroles.
A camp oven also allows you to cook larger meals that you can use over a longer period. Preparing bulk recipes in the oven at the beginning of the camping trip allows you to use those recipes to supplement meals possibly throughout the time you are camping.
Personally, I’m not a glamper, but I can see the benefits of being able to have a menu a little closer to home while off the beaten path. If a camp stove is okay, why not a camp oven?
We searched outdoor forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, retail sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated propane camp oven.
Take a look at our choice and see if this is the best camp oven for your needs!
Propane Oven: Top Rated Outdoor Propane Camping Oven
There is nothing better than eating great food in the great outdoors and the Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven gives you more options than ever before. It allows you to prepare delicious homemade meals right at your campsite just like you might do at home using both a propane oven and dual-burner propane range. Portable and versatile, this camp oven gives you the flexibility to cook anything from breakfast recipes in a skillet to baked goods like breads and cookies. It combines two 7,500 BTU propane stove top burners with a 3,000 BUT/Hr. oven that can reach temperatures up to 400 degrees F and is big enough to easily accommodate a 9 x 13-inch pan. You only need a one pound propane bottle to create temperatures up to 350 degrees F for up to 7 hours. This Camp Chef oven is well-insulated and efficient which allows you to bake more with less fuel. Take this cooking station to your nearest state park, the lake, or wherever you decide to setup camp. Bake casseroles, cookies, muffins, and other baked goods outdoors in this camping oven just as if you were in your home kitchen.
Propane Oven: Features
- Combination propane gas stove top with dual matchless igniter 7,500 BTU brass range burners and a matchless igniter 3,000 BTU/Hr. propane oven that can reach temperature up to 400 degrees F
- Fully adjustable heat-control dials for both the burners and the oven
- Matchless ignition
- Manual oven temperature control and built-in oven heat gauge
- Removable oven racks
- Nonstick enamel cooking surface
- Durable, corrosion-resistant, stainless steel construction makes cleanup easier
- Well-Insulated oven box reaches temperature faster, retains its heat longer, and is so efficient that it allows you to bake more with less fuel
- Folding lid provides a three-sided windscreen
- Oven fits 9 x 13-inch pan inside
- Convenient carry handles
- Powered with 1 pound propane can or can be adapted for bulk tank use
- Dimensions for this combination oven and two-burner range are 31H x 24W x 18L inches and it weighs 38 lbs.
- 1-year limited warranty
A Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven Bag is available for this oven that makes it much easier to transport.
- Complete camping cooking station
- High quality construction and materials
- Excellent value
- Reports that integrated thermometer is not accurate
- No automatic temperature control
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Please share if you think others will benefit!
What do you think of this popular camp oven? Which camp stove are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
A camp stove that includes both an oven and burners is a complete cooking station that can handle cooking all kinds of wonderful camp food. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best propane oven for your needs!