You have an RV and you’re considering replacing your old microwave with an RV microwave convection oven. An RV microwave convection oven is a great choice because it allows you to produce better cooking results than a microwave oven alone. Nobody likes rubbery, dried out microwave food that can happen even when you do everything right. An RV microwave convection oven gives you the tools to bake, brown, broil, and even crisp your food making it more like the oven food you’re used to at home.
Interested in convection microwave ovens for your home, too? Be sure and see these articles about some popular models:
- Cuisinart Microwave Oven: Top Rated Convection Microwave
- Microwave Convection Oven Combo: Best Model
- Convection Microwave Countertop: Best GE Microwave Oven Combo
- Convection Microwave: Top 4 Convection Microwave Ovens
One of the unique requirements of an RV microwave is that it needs to take the day-in and day-out vibrations and stress of the open road. That might make you think that you need to buy a purpose-built convection microwave oven designed specifically for the durability an RV demands.
Another is that there is limited space in an RV. That’s why so many designs feature an over the range microwave oven instead of a countertop microwave. An OTR microwave frees up a lot of countertop space. You just need to make sure that the model you choose will fit over your RV range top.
Considering countertop microwave ovens? Be sure and see these articles about some of the best:
- Corner Microwave Oven: Best Compact Corner Microwave
- Compact Microwave Ovens: Best Small Inverter Microwave Oven
- Small Microwaves: Top 5 Best Rated Compact Countertop Microwaves
- Red Microwave Ovens: 3 Stylish Red Countertop Microwaves
- White Microwave: Top 5 White Microwave Ovens 2015
- Microwave Ovens Countertop: Best Extra-Large Ovens
- Small Microwave Ovens: Top Compact Microwave Oven
The good news is that modern RVs have suspensions that reduce vibrations and newer microwaves have the durability to survive a day-in-the-life of an RV. It helps to choose a popular brand with a history of making durable and reliable models that are more likely to stand up to the tough environment of an RV.
Need to free up some counter top space? Have you considered a microwave oven stand? Check out these articles:
- Microwave Stand: Top 5 Microwave Oven Kitchen Stands 2015
- Microwave Cart: 5 Most Popular Microwave Oven Carts
Sharp is known for its durable and reliable Carousel models that include some great over-the-range convection microwave ovens. In this article, we take a look at one of these models that will work at home or in your RV. With a microwave like this, you won’t have to sacrifice any of the features you want in a microwave convection oven.
We searched RV forums, manufacturer sites, retail sites, social media, customer review sites, and consumer sites to find the most popular and highly rated RV convection microwave oven.
Take a look and see if this Sharp OTR convection microwave is the perfect model for your RV needs!
RV Microwave Convection Oven: Best Sharp OTR RV Microwave
The Sharp R1875T Over-the-Range Convection Microwave in Black has a host of features that give you the tools you need to produce high-quality meals faster than a regular oven. This model is also available in Stainless Steel and White. Its OTR design offers three convenient venting option including horizontal, vertical, and ductless. Sharp has made this model as easy to use as possible by including its Sharp Interactive Cooking System with Custom Help Key for step-by-step cooking and programming instructions. Its 4-way convection system lets you choose to brown, bake broil, or crisp depending on the recipe. Use the microwave alone, the convection oven alone, or combine the two for even better results. Here’s what you need to know.
RV Microwave Convection Oven: Features
- 850W, 1.1 Cu. Ft over-the-range design convection microwave oven in Black
- 4-way convection system gives you the power to brown, bake, roast, broil, or crisp depending on your needs
- Built-in exhaust system provides three convenient venting options including horizontal, vertical, or ductless recirculation
- Large 13-inch ceramic Carousel on/off turntable
- Sharp Interactive Cooking System with Custom Help Key gives you step-by-step cooking and programming instructions
- 12 CompuCook/CompuDefrost convection programs control broiling, roasting, and baking times/temperature settings
- 8 Cook, Reheat, and Popcorn sensor programs
- Easy-to-read 7-digit 2-color display
- Bright high/low hood work light illuminates range surface
- 2-speed ventilation fan
- High rack included for two-level baking, roasting, or broiling
- Adjustable convection temperature control ranges from 100 – 450 degrees F in 25-degree increments
- Measurements are 16.34H x 29.94W x 15.28D and it weighs in at 71 lbs.
- 1-Year parts/labor limited warranty with an additional 6 years part-only warranty on magnetron
Sleek look adds to RV decor
Plenty of useful features
Original equipment on many RVs
Very easy to use
- Some reports of noisy operation
RV Microwave Convection Oven
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Please share if you think others will benefit!
What do you think of this Sharp microwave? Which convection microwave oven are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
As always, thanks for reading our MicrowaveOvenCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best RV microwave convection oven for your needs!