Why would you want the smallest microwave? There are many reasons. I think the most common reason is that you have a small kitchen with a lack of countertop space like a small apartment, RV, rec room, man cave, or office kitchen. Another reason for buying the smallest microwave might be if you’re planning to use it just for snacks, popcorn, and frozen meals that will fit easily in a small microwave. In that case, larger microwaves would be overkill and would just take up valuable space.
Another very good reason to buy the smallest microwave would be for a college dorm room. Small microwaves that take up very little space and use very little power are more likely to meet your student’s college size and power requirements. You may have your own reasons, but in any case you need for a compact microwave oven.
Interested in seeing other capable compact microwave ovens? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Mini Microwave Oven: Top Rated Compact Microwave Oven
- Space Saver Microwave: Best New Powerful Compact Microwave Design
- Small Microwave Oven: Top 7 Most Popular Compact Microwave Ovens
- Corner Microwave Oven: Best Compact Corner Microwave
- Compact Microwave Ovens: Best Small Inverter Microwave Oven
- Small Microwaves: Top 5 Best Rated Compact Countertop Microwaves
- Back To College Appliances: Best Appliance Combo
- Small Microwave Ovens: Top Compact Microwave Oven
- Whirlpool Microwave: Top Selling Compact Microwave Oven
- Mini Microwave: Top 5 Back-To-College Microwaves
There are many choices in compact microwave ovens most of which are no smaller than 0.7 or 0.8 cu. ft. and are boxy and boring! We wanted to see if there was a microwave out there that was small, but still stylish and inspiring.
We searched appliance forums, manufacturers sites, customer reviews sites, social media, consumer sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated compact microwave ovens. We chose one that is ultra-compact, very popular, and even stylish.
Take a look at our choice and see if this is the best microwave oven for your needs!
Smallest Microwave: Best Compact Countertop Mini Microwave Oven
You would be forgiven for mistaking the Whirlpool WMC20005 Series 0.5 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave for a small TV. It’s so small and carefully designed that you could easily tuck it away in the corner of your countertop and forget it’s even there. It takes up such a small footprint on your countertop that you will think someone has installed more countertop space. Microwaves have been boxes for so long that I was surprised when I first saw this Whirlpool. It’s a very nice design that will complement any kitchen décor and free up a lot of counter space in the process. The blue LEDs on the front give the microwave a real high-end look. I could go on, but the important thing to remember is, it’s small, but has some great features.
Smallest Microwave: Features
- With 750 watts of power this Whirlpool compact microwave is on par with many smaller microwaves meaning that it isn’t the most powerful, but still capable of heating fast because there is less space in the microwave
- At 0.5 cu. ft. you’re not going to cook a turkey or even a full course meal, but the large-for-its-size glass turntable makes it the perfect size for reheating a full 11-inch dinner plate of food or many of the new frozen entrees that are available
- Its compact size and special shape make it the perfect compact microwave for small apartments and dorms
- Its sleek, stylish design with unique rounded corners and space-saving, corner-fit dimensions will complement any kitchen décor and free up a lot of counter space in the process
- 10-level Variable Cooking Power settings put you in control of specifying the exact cooking setting for your specific cooking needs
- Blue LEDs on the front give the microwave a real high-end look
- The exclusive Tap Touch controls on this Whirlpool are both stylish and functional as they are easy to use and easy to clean and include Add 30 Seconds, Defrost, Popcorn, and reheat
- Add 30 Seconds option is a really handy way to cook for 30 seconds at full power or to add cooking time to food that is already cooking
- Interior light comes on when you open the door unlike many other compact microwaves that only illuminate during cooking
- You can disable the control panel with the touch of a button using the ControlLock feature which is designed to prevent unintended use by your little ones
- Whirlpool provides a full 1-Year limited warranty on its WMC20005 series compact microwave ovens
- The Whirlpool WMC20005 series measures a compact 14-1/8H x 15-3/8W x 13-3/4D inches
- Small countertop footprint
- Adjust power level while cooking
- Elevated door
- Controls may take some getting used to
- Popcorn button only works with smaller bags
- Interior height very short
Smallest Microwave: Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Whirlpool compact microwave model? Which compact microwave oven are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
Thanks for reading! I hope this article has given you valuable information that will help you choose the smallest microwave that meets your needs!