A sous vide immersion circulator is the simple, cost-effective way to enjoy the benefits of the sous vide cooking style. It allows you to use your own cooking containers which saves money and a sous vide immersion circulator is compact and easy to store.
If you’re considering a water oven, but your new to sous vide, you should definitely take a look at a sous vide immersion circulator as your first step to the sous vide lifestyle.
What are some important considerations when choosing a sous vide immersion circulator?
Most immersion circulators will have enough power to heat and maintain the temperature of your water bath. If you’re planning to use a very large container, you should check the capability of the circulator to make sure it can accommodate.
Power also determines how fast the circulator can heat your water bath. If you are impatient or just want to add your food faster, choose a model with a higher wattage.
Interested in learning about other popular cooking units? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Water Cooker: Top Rated Automatic Sous Vide Water Oven
- Pizza Cooker: Top 5 Best Rated Home Pizza Makers Pizza Ovens
- Zojirushi Home Bakery Mini Breadmaker
- Deep Fryers for Home Use: Top 7 Best Rated Electric Deep Fryers
- Best Convection Oven: Most Popular Best Rated Convection Oven
Most circulators are temperature-rated accurate to within 0.1-degrees C.
The pump in a sous vide machine circulates the water in the water bath to maintain an even temperature throughout the container. Be careful with cheap units that may sacrifice pump quality.
Models are available that can be connected to your phone using either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Using an app gives you the advantage of being able to control the circulator remotely and in the case of Wi-Fi, from just about anywhere you can get an internet connection. Apps also come with pre-loaded recipes and cooking tips that can be helpful as you explore sous vide cooking.
Need a vacuum sealer to go with your sous vide immersion circulator? Be sure to see our article about one of the best!
All immersion circulators have an integrated low water warning system that shuts down power to the unit in the event the water level gets too low. This is to protect the unit from damage
When a manufacturer provides a long warranty, they’re telling you that they have faith in their materials and workmanship. You want the longest warranty you can find, but at least 1-Year.
We searched cooking forums, social media, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, retail sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated sous vide immersion circulator.
Take a look at our choice and see if this model from Anova Culinary is the best sous vide circulator for your needs!
Sous Vide Immersion Circulator: Top Rated Sous Vide Precision Cooker
The Anova Culinary 900W Bluetooth Sous Vide Precision Cooker in Black delivers professional-level sous vide results without the complication and expense of a dedicated, standalone water oven. You simply use any of your existing hot water containers and resealable bags to get the tenderness, flavor, and juiciness you can’t get any other way. The secret is the ability of this sous vide immersion circulator to achieve an even temperature within 0.1 degrees C throughout the water bath. Precision temperature control holds a precise temperature for as long as you need it without overcooking as the food will never get hotter than the water. This Anova sous vide model takes your cooking to a new level using the Anova app on your phone to cook amazing meals at the touch of a button even remotely over the internet. Easy to use, you will be preparing amazing meals cooked in their own juices with no loss of flavor, right away. The Anova Precision Cooker holds food at precise temperatures without constant supervision.
Sous Vide Immersion Circulator: Features
- 900W precision sous vide immersion circulator
- Manage you cooking remotely by connecting the Anova app on your phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to the Precision Cooker letting you start and monitor you cooking
- Anova app provides access to over 1000+ step-by-step recipes from award winning chefs, guides your cooking by letting you choose your preferred level of doneness and then pressing start to cook, keeps you up-to-date on cooking status through cooking notifications, allows you to share recipes with friends directly through the app, gives you video tutorials to guide you from seasoning to searing, and enables you to start, stop, monitor, and adjust your cooking remotely
- 360-degree directional pump circulates up to 8 liters of water per minute and gives you better control the circulation
- Supports tank capacities up to 5 gallons
- Integrated 99-hour timer
- Stainless steel skirt and disk are dishwasher safe and cooker cleans with a soft, damp cloth for easy cleanup
- Max-level shutoff sensor and min-level alert sensor
- LED display and LED backlit scroll wheel
- Bi-metal fuse
- Dimensions are 14.75L x 2.75W inches
- 1-Year limited warranty
Anova Precision Cooker Easy Steps
- Step 1: Attach the Anova Precision Cooker to any water-filled pot
- Step 2: Set the time and temperature either manually on the device, or through the Anova Culinary App
- Step 3: Put food in a Ziploc bag, drop the bag into the water and clip it to the side of the pot
- Step 4: Food is ready to eat out of the bag. Some people like to finish their cook by searing their food, throwing it on the grill, or by broiling it to give a nice look and a crispy outer layer
- Precision temperature control
- Wi-Fi allows you to control the circulator from virtually anywhere
- Excellent results on a variety of foods
- Foolproof cooking
- Companion app could use refinement
Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this popular sous vide circulator? Which sous vide cooker are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
An immersion circulator allows you to precision cook your food using the sous vide technique without the need for a separate water oven. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best sous vide immersion circulator for your cooking needs!