A water cooker or Sous Vide water oven is a popular new way to cook food that captures the true flavor of foods while retaining the natural juices and nutrients often lost using other cooking methods. A water cooker can make the Sous Vide cooking much easier by providing automatic functions, precise temperature control so important to Sous Vide cooking, and the ability to cook larger meals.
A water cooker with set and forget functionality saves you time while maintaining just the right temperature to cook a variety of healthy foods giving them the perfect taste and texture. Sous Vide lovers tout the vibrant colors of vegetables, the juiciness of chicken and steak, and ribs with that wonderful fall-off-the-bone deliciousness.
What kind of foods can you cook in a Sous Vide water oven? Virtually all kinds of food can be cooked in a Sous Vide machine. Beef, pork, lamb, game, or poultry is an ideal choice for Sous Vide. Fish and other delicate seafood can be cooked perfectly in a water cooker without overcooking. Vegetables, eggs, and many fruits do well in sous vide. You can even make custard-style ice cream base, béarnaise sauce, crème Anglaise, custards, cheese, yogurt, and even cakes in a sous vide water oven. Any food where precise temperature control is important is a candidate for sous vide cooking.
The right water cooker will be very easy to use, only requiring you to season the food, vacuum seal it in a watertight pouch, and place it in the water oven. The water oven should take care of the rest for you.
Looking for the right vacuum sealer to go along with your Sous Vide water oven? Be sure to see our article:
We searched Sous Vide cooking forums, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media, customer review sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated water oven.
Take a look at our choice and see if it’s the best Sous Vide machine for your needs!
Water Cooker: Top Rated Automatic Sous Vide Water Oven
In the world of Sous Vide, an award-winning SousVide Supreme water oven is the cost effective and easiest way to enjoy the benefits of Sous Vide cooking. The SousVide Supreme SVS10LS Water Oven is one of the most popular water ovens and it’s easy to see why. It features an easy-to-use, push button hands-off design that prepares perfectly cooked meals automatically. Cooking features include a bottom grill that generates thermal convection currents for more even temperature distribution, energy-efficient, quiet operation that uses energy at about the same rate as a 60-watt bulb once up to temperature, temperature control accurate to 1-degree F, and a digital LED control panel that displays temperature, heating, and timer status. The unique pouch rack keeps food pouches off the perforated grill below and separated from each other while allowing you to cook up to four large gallon cooking pouches simultaneously or up to 20 four-ounce portions. Remove the rack for large food items like a 6-pound leg of lamb, beef, pork roast, or beef or pork tenderloin. All of this functionality is packed into a sleek, compact countertop design that will complement any kitchen décor.
Water Cooker: Features
- 11.2-liter, stainless steel, automatic water cooker
- Push button, set-and-forget design is hands-off saving time and providing convenient meal preparation
- Easy-to-use, cooking is foolproof delivering perfect results first time, every time
- Bottom grill generates thermal convection currents for better temperature distribution
- A removable lid contains steam during cooking and inverts to hold food pouches when removed from the water cooker
- Recessed side handles are insulated to prevent burns and are positioned asymmetrically to aid in carrying and emptying the water bath
- Energy-efficient and quiet operation, once preheated, the water oven uses energy equivalent to a 60-watt light bulb and generated very little heat into the room
- 3-way pouch rack allows you to separate food easily for even cooking, has wire handles that extend under the grill for lifting the contents, and inverts to be used as a tray
- Temperature control is one of the most important components of successful Sous Vide cooking and the SousVide Supreme controls temperature 1-degree F increments for perfectly cooked food
- Digital LED control panel is easy to use, and displays temperature, heating, and timer status
- Time displays time with 1-minute resolution, supports time settings from 0 to 99 hours, and produces an audible repeating beep at the end of a cycle
- Its sleek, all-in-one design with a brushed stainless steel finished stainless steel shell, will complement any kitchen décor
Wipe down interior design means easy cleanup with no messy pots and pans
- Dimensions are 11.4H x 14.2L x 11.4W inches and it weighs 13 lbs.
- 1 – Detachable power cord
- 1 – User manual
- 1 – Recipe book
- 1 – Cooking temperature time chart
- 1 – Instructional DVD
- 1 – Universal pouch rack
- 1 – Insulating lid blanket
- High quality stainless steel construction
- Large capacity
- Automatic operation
- Beautiful design
- Large size for countertop
- Heavy when filled with water
- Expensive compared to stick circulator
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this popular water oven? Which Sous Vide water oven are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A Sous Vide water oven uses vacuum sealed food immersed in water to deliver wonderful food while locking in the juices and flavor and preserving the nutritional quality of the food. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right water cooker for your needs!