Either you love white or you’re just trying to match your kitchen appliances. Whichever it is, you need a white microwave oven. Stainless steel microwaves appear to still be the current leader in color choice for many home small appliances, but a white microwave is still very popular as well. What that means is that you shouldn’t have to sacrifice quality or features just because you’ve chosen a specific color.
Whether you buy a white microwave or some other color, we need to talk a little technology for a second. Up until now, it’s pretty likely that you have purchased standard countertop microwave ovens that turn their power off and on automatically to simulate various power settings. Yes, you usually have a choice of 10 power settings, but in reality, the microwave operates at full power while it’s on and then turns off periodically to reduce the overall amount of microwave energy used.
A standard microwave is good for heating up liquids and popcorn or possibly defrosting, but you probably wouldn’t think of cooking your main course with it. The reason has to do with how the microwave operates. If it’s at full power whenever it’s on, you have little real control over the cooking of the food. Delicate food gets bombarded by full power and even though the microwave isn’t on all the time, the food still gets ruined. It seems whatever you try to cook with a microwave gets dried out around the edges and may still be cold in the middle.
Some countertop microwaves use a different microwave technology to solve that problem called an inverter. An inverter is an adjustable microwave source that can truly produce lower power at lower power settings. It doesn’t just use full power all the time. That means that you can cook even delicate foods to perfection by choosing a lower power setting to cook them. An inverter microwave opens up a whole new world of microwave cooking that most of us didn’t even know existed. With an inverter microwave, you can truly integrate this great appliance into your cooking instead of treating it as the ugly stepchild!
Panasonic makes some of the most popular microwaves with the best track records and as you might imagine, all Panasonic microwaves are inverter microwaves. Some models can even be made into built in microwaves if you choose. We’ve put together a list of their top microwaves available in white ranging from a compact microwave 1.2 cu. ft. to their largest 2.2 cu. ft. models. We do not have a microwave convection oven on our list.
Take a look and see if one of these great Panasonic inverter white microwave ovens is the perfect one for your home!
White Microwave: Top 5 White Microwave Ovens
#5 – Panasonic NN-SN733W Sensor Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology, 1.6 cu. ft., White
With a 1.6 cu. ft. capacity, beautiful white exterior, and 1250 watts of cooking power, the Panasonic NN-SN733W Sensor Microwave Oven may be just what you’re looking for. Of course it has Panasonic’s inverter technology, so you can cook in your microwave like a pro, but when you combine that with its sensor technology and one-touch features, it’s truly easy to be successful with a wide variety of foods. It may be the perfect size, sitting between small microwaves at 1.2 cu. ft. and much larger 2.2 cu. ft. models. Whatever your plans for a microwave oven, this white Panasonic has the features and performance you’re looking for. Take a look at its many useful features.
- A very powerful microwave at 1250 watts, you will have all the performance you need for faster cooking and defrosting
- Powerful at 1250 watts, this model has the power to cook faster than many microwaves on the market
- Full-size 1.6 cu. ft. microwave takes up less space on your counter than larger microwaves while still having plenty of space for larger meals and dishes
- Panasonic’s inverter technology allows you to truly adjust cooking power to prevent overcooking on the edges and produces juicier, better cooked food
- Large 15-inch glass turntable is easy to clean and accommodates large plates and dishes
- One-Touch Genius Sensor Cook and Reheat with 9-Menu Category cooking system measures steam from your food to automatically adjust its settings for perfect cooking and reheating of your favorite foods
- Inverter Turbo Defrost is a smart defrost that automatically defrosts foods without pre-cooking them or drying them out
- Its 10 real power levels give you complete control over how much power you’re cooking your food with
- Other handy features include a Popcorn key, Keep Warm mode, Delayed start, Timer, and Quick Minute
- This model also has a handy 5-button membrane keypad that makes programming easier while making it easy to clean
- Measures 21-7/8L x 19-7/16W x 12H inches and weighs approximately 30 lbs.
#4 – Panasonic NN-SN933W Sensor Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology, 2.2 cu. ft., White
Much like its younger cousin the NN-SN733W, the Panasonic NN-SN933W Sensor Microwave Oven features inverter technology and smart sensor cooking for worry-free microwaving of all of your favorite foods. At 2.2 cu. ft., it is much larger and offers space for even the biggest meal courses you might think of. It has 1250 watts of power that cooks faster than other more conventional microwave ovens. Many of its features are similar or the same as the SN733W.
- Its striking white exterior is designed to match your other white appliances and look good doing it
- At 1250 watts of power, this model has the performance you need for faster cooking and defrosting
- Large 2.2 cu. ft. capacity gives you the space you need for the largest meals on larger plates and dishes
- With inverter technology, this Panasonic model gives you true control over the power you use to cook your food and produces better results including juicier and better cooked foods
- One of the largest glass turntables on the market at 16.5 inches, it will accommodate much larger plates and dishes than other smaller microwaves
- Panasonic’s Genius Sensor Cook and Reheat technology in combination with a 9-Menu Category takes the worry out of microwave cooking by automatically sensing the power and time your food needs and adjusting accordingly
- Now you can defrost your foods without pre-cooking or drying them out using this model’s amazing Inverter Turbo Defrost system
- You will appreciate the control of the 10 real power settings that give you the adjustable power you need to produce perfect meals every time
- You also get other features like a Popcorn key, Keep Warm mode, Delayed start, Time, and Quick Minute
- Its easy-clean 5-button membrane keypad makes programming easy and fast
- Measures 23-7/8L x 19-7/16W x 14H inches and weighs approximately 35 lbs.
#3 – Panasonic NN-H965WF Genius 2.2 cu. ft. 1250 Watt Sensor Microwave w/Inverter Technology, White
Very stylish and convenient, the Panasonic NN-H965WF Genius 2.2 cu. ft. 1250 watt Sensor Microwave will not only be one of the highlights of your kitchen in white, but it will also make microwave cooking more effective and easier than ever before. This microwave has the size you need for busy professionals and active families while producing better cooking results than other conventional microwaves. You can even cook salmon and other dishes you wouldn’t consider cooking in other microwaves. The 965WF has many great features.
- Panasonic takes the guesswork out of microwave cooking with its revolutionary Sensor Cook and Reheat technology which actually measures the steam produced by your food and automatically via microprocessor calculates the appropriate time and power settings to produce perfect results
- Stop pre-cooking your food while defrosting with this model’s Inverter Turbo Defrost which uses inverter technology to defrost frozen foods faster while maintaining the quality and texture of your foods
- The Menu Action screen provides step-by-step cooking instructions across the display in English, Spanish, or French to assist you with your microwave cooking
- Don’t stress when your family is late for dinner. Just use Panasonic’s Keep Warm feature to deliver very low power to your food keeping it warm for up to 30 minutes while you wait comfortably for them to arrive
- Not sure how to use a function? Just use the Function Key to get helpful easy-to-follow steps to complete up to 10 functions
- Use the Quick Minute one-touch button to add cooking time in 1-minute increments up to 10 minutes
- Its push-button controls and digital display make programming easy and fast
- If you’re used to using a microwave for popcorn, defrosting, and reheating alone, you will be pleasantly surprised at this model’s inverter technology which gives you a wide-range of true power that produces excellent results with even the most delicate foods
- Panasonic inverter microwaves use smaller and lighter magnetrons producing more interior room than other conventional microwaves without increasing exterior dimensions
- You can use Panasonic’s Child-Safety Lock to make your microwave safe around little ones
- The Panasonic NN-H965WF gives you 18-1/2L x 18-7/16W x 10-15/16H inches of interior space while maintaining a compact exterior of only 19-7/16L x 23-7/8W x 14H inches
Panasonic Inverter microwave ovens have been named the microwave-cooking method of choice by the prestigious Culinary Institute of America (CIA). Panasonic and the CIA have teamed up to develop a series of healthy and delicious recipes created especially for the Panasonic Inverter microwave oven.
- Great value for all the features
- Sensor makes cooking worry-free
- Very powerful and fast
- Simple operation
- Door doesn’t open wide enough
- Alarm too quiet
- Some reports of door problems and failures
- Control panel should be lighted
#2 – Panasonic NN-H765WF Genius 1.6 cu. ft. 1250 Watt Sensor Microwave w/Inverter Technology, White
Another great, stylish white microwave from Panasonic, the Panasonic NN-H765WF 1.6 cu. ft. 1250 watt microwave oven is the perfect size for a wide range of kitchens. With a 15-inch glass turntable that accommodates larger plates and dishes, this microwave is spacious on the inside while taking up less precious counter space on the outside. Ideal for breakfast, after-school, appetizers, and dinnertime meals, everyone from busy professionals to on-the-go families will appreciate the fast cooking and excellent results of this microwave. Take a look at all of its great features.
- This contemporary white microwave oven will look great in any kitchen
- Panasonic’s Sensor Cook and Reheat technology takes the stress out of cooking by using its sensors and a microprocessor to measure the steam produced by your food and automatically calculate the proper time and power settings to produce the best cooking results
- Tired of poor defrosting results with pre-cooked food? This model’s Inverter Turbo Defrost actually defrosts your frozen food faster while preventing pre-cooking of your foods
- Microwave functions can be complicated, but with Panasonic’s Menu Action screen, you get step-by-step instructions in English, Spanish, and French to assist you with getting the best results
- No more cold food from waiting for family or guests to arrive. Use Panasonic’s Keep Warm feature to provide the exact power necessary to keep foods warm without overcooking for up to 30 minutes while you wait stress-free
- Don’t get bogged down with trying to remember microwave functions. Use the built-in function key to get step-by step instructions for up to 10 functions
- Add cooking time in 1-minute increments using Panasonic’s Quick Minute one-touch button to add
- Push-button controls and digital display make microwave functions fast and easy to program
- Get a wide-range of true power that produces excellent cooking results even with more delicate foods and takes you beyond simple popcorn popping, frozen food defrosting, and leftovers reheating.
- With Panasonic’s inverter microwaves you get more space inside while keeping a compact exterior
- Feel safer with little ones around thanks to Panasonic’s Child-Safety Lock
- The Panasonic NN-H765WF gives you 18-1/2L x 16-7/16W x 10 inches of interior space while maintaining a compact exterior of only 19-7/16L x 21-7/8W x 12H inches and weighs in at around 30 lbs.
- Excellent price given features
- Large size handles larger dishes
- Very powerful oven
- Sensor cooking is a great feature
- Lacks one-touch minute button
- Carousel becomes unaligned too easily
- Buttons of poor quality
- Reports of interference with Wi-Fi in home
#1 – Panasonic NN-SN651W 1.2 Cubic Feet Genius Sensor Microwave with Inverter Technology, 1200-watt
Still in the Panasonic Genius series, the Panasonic NN-SN651W 1.2 cu. ft. Sensor Microwave is one of the most popular inverter microwaves available and is our personal favorite. This is one great value in an inverter microwave and it comes with a bright white exterior that is sure to look stylish in your kitchen. With slightly less power at 1200 watts and with a smaller size at 1.2 cu. ft. this model is large enough for families while fitting perfectly at the office, dorm, or apartment.
- This contemporary white microwave oven will look great in any kitchen
- Using Panasonic’s inverter technology this model gives you total control over the microwave energy you use to cook your food. Unlike conventional microwaves that only turn full power of and on to simulate variable power settings, Panasonic’s inverter actually produces variable power making it possible to cook delicate foods with less power and the best results
- You get easy, no-stress cooking using Panasonic’s Unique Sensor Cook and Reheat technology which uses sensor to measure steam output from your food and automatically adjust power and time to produce great results
- Regular microwaves pre-cook your food in the name of defrosting while Panasonic’s Inverter Turbo Defrost uses its inverter to defrost foods quickly while preventing damage and pre-cooking
- Use Panasonic’s Menu Action screen to retrieve step-by-step instructions available in English, Spanish, and French, to assist you in cooking the perfect meal
- No worries if your friends or family will be late for dinner. Just use Panasonic’s Keep Warm feature to keep food warm for up to 30 minutes without overcooking and everyone will be happy
- A built-in function key provides step-by-step instructions for up to 10 microwave functions so you don’t have to remember
- Panasonic’s Quick Minute one-touch button lets you add time in one-minute increments for just the right cooking time
- Microwave functions are fast and easily accessible via push-button controls and a bright digital display
- Go beyond popcorn and soup using Panasonic’s wide-range of true power that produces excellent cooking results even with more delicate foods
- Panasonic’s inverter magnetron design means more space inside without enlarging exterior dimensions
- Panasonic’s Child-Safety Lock can put your mind at ease while little ones are around
- The Panasonic NN-SN651W gives you 18-1/2L x 16-7/16W x 10 inches of interior space while maintaining a compact exterior of only 19-7/16L x 21-7/8W x 12H inches and weighs in at only 25.5lbs.
- Easy to operate
- Nice looking white exteriors
- Good value
- Very powerful
- No interior light
- Loud operation
- Some reports of door failures
- Display is small
White Microwave Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of our white microwave oven lists? Which white microwave oven are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our microwave oven post! We sincerely hope that this article has given you valuable information that helps you find the perfect white microwave for your home!